Christie Cut Stone

Christie Cut Stone

The Christie Cut Stone Co. has been operating in the Memphis area for over 100 years. Immigrant Alex Christie came to America in 1898, trained in the Scottish tradition of stone masonry, and founded Christie Cut Stone Co in 1906. In 1912, the location in Midtown Memphis was purchased and there it remained until 2008.  Alex Christie’s son Fred Christie worked in the mill through his youth and took over ownership upon his return from duty in the Philippine Islands during WWII . Fred Christie's son, Bond became owner in 1984 and was responsible for expanding a once local market, to the southeast region of the United States. The company has expanded to include a complete line of building & landscaping stone. One thing that remains over time is the skill and craftsmanship that goes into the production of each hand carved piece of limestone.

The next 100 years is off to a great start with the addition of a second location at 10455 Hwy 64 which is fully devoted to natural stone for the homeowner and the relocation of the mill itself to Gallaway, TN along with new state of the art technology.

Show Appearances